Friday, January 27, 2023

Jurgen Klopp has already sent a £250m message to FSG that can speed up Liverpool rebuild

 This week's Blood Red on Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool rebuild and why he needs backing with a game-changing summer transfer window

Confirmation of the contract came just a day after Liverpool had made a sizable stride forward towards the Champions League final with a 2-0 win over Villarreal in the first leg of their semi-final tie and the news was made public less than a fortnight after securing a place in the FA Cup showpiece courtesy of a memorable performance against Manchester City on a red-hot day at Wembley.


“There is a freshness about us as a club still and this energises me," Klopp said at the time. "For as long as I have been here, our owners have been unbelievably committed and energetic about this club and it is clear that right now this applies to our future as much as I’ve ever known. In Billy Hogan and Julian Ward we have leaders throughout the club who are completely focused on renewal and refreshing so we can continue to compete at the very highest level.

When the owners brought the possibility of renewing to me, I asked myself the question I’ve mused over publicly: 'Do I have the energy and vibe to give of myself again what this amazing place requires from the person in the manager’s office?' I didn’t need too long to answer in truth. The answer was very simple…I’m in love with here and I feel fine!”

The reference to the anthem that had reverberated on the Liverpool terraces throughout the second half of last season was a cute sign-off from Klopp, but nine months to the day since that contract news was broken, the landscape that the manager now surveys has changed significantly.





No comments:

Post a Comment