Monday, January 9, 2023

Cody Gakpo admits Liverpool debut was ‘sloppy’ as Reds face FA Cup replay with Wolves

 

New Liverpool signing Cody Gakpo has admitted there were some ‘sloppy moments’ in his debut for the club.

The Dutchman recently signed from PSV Eindhoven after an impressive World Cup campaign in Qatar started at Anfield.

Gakpo made his debut at Anfield on Saturday night

Gakpo featured for 84 minutes before being taken off for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain late on.

He had a limited impact on the pitch and delivered an honest assessment of his first appearance for the Reds.

Speaking to the Liverpool website, he said: “Really great atmosphere.

“For my own game, I think I showed some good moments and some sloppy moments.



“So, I can also still improve on those points and keep working and try to help the team as much as I can.

“Of course you learn the most when you’re playing games, so I’m looking forward [to more].”




No comments:

Post a Comment