Friday, August 19, 2022

Every word Mikel Arteta said on Pepe's exit, Saka's Arsenal contract and Marquinhos' future

 The Gunners boss has faced the press ahead of his side's Premier League clash with Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday

That will be a really tough match. I played there many times, I know how tough it is, I expect the atmosphere to be hectic there. It’s a team that is used to winning because last year they had a really good season and they’ve started the season well. I know the squad very well as well and I know they’re going to make a really difficult game for us.What do you make of Scott Parker?

Really good. I always admired him as a player, with his character and I know him personally really well. I’m really happy for him. The way he presents himself, they way he wants to play this game I think it’s great to have managers who are going to play in the way that he wants to do it. I wish him the best of luck apart from tomorrow.

He’s well dressed on the touchline, what do you think about that?

I think he was always like that as a player. He presents himself really well.

Fabio Vieira played on the right wing for the under-21s. How do you think he got on and is that position where he might play in the Premier League?


With Fabio his versatility is something that caught our eye and we believe he’s going to give us a lot of options. It’s about those units, how they work together and the type of players that Fabio needs around him to exploit his qualities. I think that relationship with Emile on that side can be very powerful. We’ll have to wait and see how that develops.


How has Marquinhos settled and will he stay?


Very happy with him. He’s adapted really well. He’s a really likeable figure in the dressing room and around Colney, even if his language is not great yet. I think his physicality has been pretty exceptional for someone who has come in from Brazil, a different way to train and the way he’s done it. I think he’s got very good qualities for the way we want to play.


We are going to keep him here for another few months and make sure he establishes himself at the club and in the team and after that we will see what is the best movement in terms of his development.


Could he feature in the Premier League yet?


For every player there is the option to play. If he trains and convinces that he has the level to do that, of course he’s going to have opportunities.


How confident are you over Saka’s contract?


I am very confident that we as a club and Bukayo, his family, his agent, everybody, we are very much aligned in what we want to achieve. And now it is about putting it on a piece of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment